Remember that buyer person you created? You’re creating content for them. That means you should be crafting content in a format that is most easily and enjoyably consumed by your prospects.
The format you choose might be a blog post, video, slideshare, graphic, ebook, whitepaper, podcast, or whatever your creative mind can conceive. As long as it serves your persona, you’ll be in good shape.
Also, you don’t need to stick to one format for every piece of content that you create. But you should be able to create content — in whatever format — on a consistent cadence. What I mean is, a podcast series might be a great marketing tactic, but if you lack the resources (and patience) to stick to it, then a blog might be a better route.
Use these questions as a guide when choosing your content format:
- What stage of buyer’s journey is this for?
- How easy is it for your audience to consume this content?
- Where does your persona spend their time online?
- What format can you create on a consistent basis?
- Are you able to produce this content at aquality level that’s competitive?